Founded in 2009, 7 original member hospitals, through the ACS NSQIP Program, developed the Pennsylvania NSQIP Consortium to focus on sharing data and best practices, identify quality improvement opportunities, initiate quality improvement programs and measure performance aimed at enhancing surgical patient outcomes. Currently, 14 member hospitals meet regularly to improve the care of our patients.
- Collaborate and learn from one another’s best practices
- To improve patient safety
- To reduce morbidity in our surgical patients
- Assist in implementation of best practices in all of our consortium hospitals
- Follow up studies to assess impact