- American College of Surgeons (ACS): Strong for Surgery Toolkit
- City of Philadelphia: Opioid prescribing and tapering guidelines
- Michigan Opioid Prescribing Engagement Network (MI OPEN)
- Illinois Surgical Quality Improvement Collaborative (ISQIC) Surgeons Tackling the Opioid Problem in Illinois (STOP-Illinois)
- CDC Pocket Guide: Tapering Opioids for Chronic Pain
Prevent unsafe use and abuse of opioids by getting rid of your unused medications. Drug diversion is when someone else uses your leftover, unused opioids. Never share or sell your medication. Prevent diversion by getting rid of your unused medications, like opioids. Proper disposal helps prevent unsafe and illegal use and abuse of medications.